From a historical perspective, the Middle East was the cradle of civilization and remains incomprehensibly rich in its enormous cultural heritage.
With its warm colors, narrow streets, blazing sun, beautiful dresses, and caravans moving peacefully over the scorching desert sands, it attracts anyone who is eager to learn the secrets of its ancient wisdom.
We decided to introduce you to some brilliant Arabic proverbs and sayings that express the philosophical thinking, worldview, and morality of the Arab world.
22. Open your mouth only if what you are going to say is more beautiful than silence.
21. An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.
20. A single mistake guarantees a double misfortune.
19. The wise man with a wink, the fool with a kick.
18. Believe in what you see and put aside what you hear.
17. Ask the experienced rather than the learned.
16. With a sweet tongue and some kindness, you can drag an elephant by the hair.
15. Winds blow counter to what ships desire.
14. If you are an anvil, be patient; if you’re a hammer, hit hard.
13. Anyone looking for a perfect friend remains friendless.
12. Sunshine all the time makes a desert.
11. Stay away from evil and instead sit back and watch it.
10. The necessary connection of movement and time is real, and time is something that the soul builds in motion.
9. Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come.
8. Defeating pride does you good. Overcoming anger makes you happy. Overcoming passion makes you successful. Overcoming greed makes you happy.
7. No one can command another who cannot command himself.
6. If you are afraid, don’t do it; if you are doing this, don’t be afraid!
5. Victory shows what you are capable of; defeat shows what you really are worth.
4. Don’t open a door that you won’t be able to close.
3. Men who do not forgive women for their little faults will never enjoy their great virtues.
2. If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you shouldn’t blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
1. If you can’t take everything, don’t leave a little.