Studying in a foreign institute comes with a long list of the requirement that must be met before admission. One of the most common and important requirements is the English language proficiency test scores. This article analyzes in several universities where you can study abroad without the IELTS or TOEFL test or any other language proficiency test, which are some standard tests that measure a student’s ability to read, write and speak English. Achieving a desirable score on one of these tests can be difficult for non-native English speakers.
It can also be an additional expense if you try to get a higher score more than once or if you have not met the minimum score requirement the first time you took the test. Although IELTS / TOEFL scores are the main admission criteria, there are many universities in different parts of the world that grant admissions and study abroad without IELTS or TOEFL.
Many universities in several countries, such as Germany, the United States, and Australia, Europe offer courses for students who wish to pursue a course at the desired university. The course programs help students who do not meet the course requirements to prepare for various subjects from English to academic subjects. These courses usually last from 9 to 15 months. Pathway programs will help you get admission to a university where your high school grades are not accepted for direct admission to an undergraduate/graduate program.
Study Abroad Without IELTS or TOEFL
Here is a list that mentions where you can study abroad without IELTS or TOEFL. You can study abroad without IELTS in many universities located in countries such as Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, Norway, and Germany.
Study in Australia Without IELTS or TOEFL
Want to study in Australia? there are so many Australian universities who don’t require IELTS or TOFEL exam from international student. The University of Queensland allows you to apply if you have completed a full-time course in which English was your means of instruction or you have worked in an English medium environment for last for five or more years. Adelaide University and Macquarie University will only allow students if they accept an English program before the course begins.
Bond university Australia and south Australia university not required IELTS or TOFEL exam they required CAE, PTE test. The University of South Queensland, Bond University and the Swinburne University of Technology also accept students whose high school is English. The University of South Queensland also suggests conducting USQ programs for university admission.
List of Australian Universities Without IELTS or TOFEL for International Students:
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of New South Wales
- Macquarie University
- Bond University
- The University of South Australia
- The University of Southern Queensland
- Swinburne University of Technology
Study in Canada Without IELTS or TOEFL
If you want to study abroad without IELTS or TOEFL, Canada may be the right place for you! Several universities in Canada do not require TOEFL / IELTS for admission. Essentially, if you have been living and studying for at least four years, where English was the primary language, you do not need to present a proof of language proficiency. The following are some of the universities that accept students without an IELTS or TOEFL score.
List of Canada Universities Without IELTS or TOFEL for International Students:
- Brock University
- Carleton University
- University of Winnipeg
- University of Regina
- Memorial University
- Concordia University
Study in United Kingdom Without IELTS or TOEFL
Some of the UK universities that do not require an IELTS score are: countries like Nigeria, Ghana and South Africa also receive attention from the universities mentioned above and many other universities.
List of United Kingdom Universities Without IELTS or TOFEL for International Students:
Study in Europe Without IELTS or TOEFL
You can study abroad without IELTS or TOEFL in European countries if you can demonstrate your English language proficiency by demonstrating:
- You have received education in English during the last five years of study and English was the first language in IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) or at level O (ordinary level).
- You have been able to demonstrate that you have good communication skills and that your previous education was taught completely in English.
- If you request to study at the same institution where you obtained your first degree.
- If you have a degree taught only in English.
Study in Norway Without IELTS or TOEFL
You can study here without presenting proof of English proficiency tests.
University of Oslo: at the University of Oslo, only students in South Africa are exempt from the English language requirement. Other students from Africa and from different parts of the world may be required to obtain TOEFL / IELTS scores.
Study in Germany Without IELTS or TOEFL
Generally, you will not need a TOEFL or IELTS if you have a degree in English as the language of instruction or if your mother tongue is English. Some universities require only one letter from the student’s previous educational institution to verify English proficiency. The requirements for English Philology courses, for example, require you to qualify for the English exam.
Study in Holland Without IELTS or TOEFL
University of the Netherlands: The University of Applied Sciences of the Netherlands accepts students from South Africa without IELTS or TOEFL.
Study in USA Without IELTS or TOEFL
The following are some of the US universities in which you can enter without the IELTS or TOEFL scores.
- University of Colorado: If the following conditions are met, you do not need to provide proof of English proficiency:
- The student’s native language is English
- The student enrolled has completed at least one year of full-time academic studies at an institution in the United States. Although countries like Botswana, Ghana, South Africa and Nigeria are not subject to this agreement.
- Drexel University: If you want to study at Drexel University without IETLS you must complete two programs, the first Bridge program and the second summer program for international student.
The following universities grant admission to international students provided they complete the Intensive English Language Program (IELP).
You are exempt from showing proof of language proficiency if you have attended high school or graduate school certificate where you were taught in English. California State University does not apply the minimum English requirement for some countries.
Other universities where you can continue your studies without worrying about IELTS / TOEFL scores are:
Study in Malaysia Without IELTS or TOEFL
If you want to study abroad without IELTS, you can go to Malaysia. Malaysia is one of the main Asian countries after Singapore for studies. A compulsory English exam is not required to study bachelor’s, masters or doctoral degrees. courses here. The medium of teaching in more than 80% of Malaysian universities is English.
- Study in Italy: Scholarship, Low Tuition Universities, Student Visa, Living Cost
- Study in France: Scholarship, Low Tuition Universities, Study Visa Requirement
- Top 15 HEC Foreign Scholarships For Pakistani Students – Learning Opportunities Abroad
- Top 10 HEC National Scholarship Program For Pakistani Student
- Top 6 Open Chinese University Scholarship For International Student