Finding the right color scheme is one of the most important steps in designing a stylish and holistic look. That is why we offer you this guide so that you always have the right choice of clothing and interior decoration.
Scheme#1: A Complementary Combination
Complementary colors (also known as complementary or contrasting colors) are colors opposite each other in the Itten color circle. The combination of these colors creates a vivid and energizing effect, especially at maximum saturation.
Scheme#2: The Triad – A Combination Of Three Colors
A triad is a combination of three colors that are equidistant from each other in the color circle. Produces a high contrast effect while preserving “harmony”. This composition looks vibrant, even when using light and unsaturated colors.
Scheme#3: An Analogous Combination
This is a combination of 2 to 5 (preferably 2 to 3) colors that are compatible with each other in the color circle. Create a pleasant and calming impression. Here is an example of a soft analog color scheme: yellow-orange, yellow, yellow-green, green, blue-green.
Scheme#4: The Split Complementary Combination
A variation on the complementary color scheme. In this case, choose a primary color and two complementary colors (the colors that lie on both sides of the primary color’s antipode on the color circle).
The effect created by this scheme is as contrasting as the previous one, but a little less intense. If you are not sure about using the complementary schema, use the complementary division.
Scheme#5: The Tetrad – A Combination Of Four Colors
This is a scheme that includes one primary color and two complementary colors, as well as an additional color that highlights the details. An example: blue-green, blue-violet, orange-red, orange-yellow.
Scheme#6: The square
A combination of 4 colors that are equidistant from each other in the color circle. In this case, the colors differ in tone, but they are also complementary. This creates a dynamic, vivid, and fun effect. An example: violet, orange-red, yellow, blue-green.
Combinations Of Individual Colours
- White: combines with everything, especially blue, red and black.
- Beige: combines with blue, brown, emerald, black, red, white.
- Gray: combines with fuchsia, red, violet, pink, blue.
- Pink: combines with brown, white, mint green, olive, gray, turquoise, light blue.
- Fuchsia (dark pink): combines with gray, yellow-brown, lime, mint green, brown.
- Red: combines with yellow, white, fulvous, green, blue, black.
- Tomato-red: combines with cyan, mint green, sand, creamy-white, gray.
- Cherry-red: combines with azure, gray, light-orange, sandy, pale-yellow, beige.
- Raspberry-red: combines with white, black, damask rose.
- Brown: combines with bright-cyan, cream, pink, fawn, green, beige.
- Light-brown: combines with pale-yellow, cream-white, blue, green, purple, red.
- Dark-brown: combines with lime-yellow, cyan, mint green, purple-pink, lime.
- Reddish-brown: combines with pink, dark-brown, blue, green, purple.
- Orange: combines with cyan, blue, lilac, violet, white, black.
- Light-orange: combines with gray, brown, olive.
- Dark-orange: combines with a pale-yellow, olive, brown, cherry.
- Yellow: combines with blue, lilac, light-cyan, violet, gray, black.
- Lemon-yellow: combines with cherry-red, brown, blue, gray.
- Pale-yellow: combines with fuchsia, gray, brown, shades of red, yellowish-brown, blue, purple.
- Golden yellow: combines with gray, brown, azure, red, black.
- Olive: combines with orange, light-brown, brown.
- Green: combines with golden-brown, orange, salad green, yellow, brown, gray, cream, black, creamy-white.
- Salad green: combines with brown, yellowish-brown, fawn, gray, dark-blue, red, gray.
- Turquoise: combines with fuchsia, cherry-red, yellow, brown, cream, dark-violet.
- Electric colors: combines with golden-yellow, brown, light brown, gray, or silver.
- Cyan: combines with red, gray, brown, orange, pink, white, yellow.
- Dark-blue: combines with light-lilac, cyan, yellowish-green, brown, gray, pale-yellow, orange, green, red, white.
- Lilac: combines with orange, pink, dark-violet, olive, gray, yellow, white.
- Dark-violet: combines with golden-brown, pale-yellow, gray, turquoise, mint green, light-orange.
- Black is a universal colour – it looks elegant in any combination, especially with orange, pink, salad green, white, red, mauvish, or yellow.
Based on materials from decor-design