Let’s face it, only a few of us had the stomach to learn all things science in school by heart. But today’s topic will be easier to digest.
We present 15 amazing facts about our bodies that may still be hard to swallow, but you’ll surely be all ears to hear them.
15. Your brain can generate enough electricity to power a small light bulb.
14. Human teeth are roughly as strong as shark teeth.
13. Depending on its acidity, if your stomach acid made contact with your skin, it could eat a hole in it.
12. Apart from its inflammability, a human hair is virtually indestructible.
11. Humans can create up to 7,000 different facial expressions. With all of the muscles removed, this is what would remain of our faces.
Fact: Margo DeMello
10. Babies have over 60 more bones in their bodies than adults.
9. The resolution of the human eye is estimated to be around 500 megapixels.
8. An adult’s skin weighs around 8 kg or more on average, making up 16% of the total body weight.
7. The human skeleton completely regenerates itself every 10 years. Since this is happening constantly, you always have a blend of old and new bones in your body.
6. Our eyes stay closed for about 10% of our waking hours. That’s the time we spend blinking.
5. Our kidneys filter all of our blood about 25 times a day, processing 180 liters of it altogether.
4. The pink corner of our eyes is an evolutionary remnant of the protective inner eyelid we used to have that is still present in bird and reptile species.
3. The liver is capable of fully regenerating its original size, even after removing as much as 75% of the entire organ.
2. Your heartbeat synchronizes with the rhythm of the music you are listening to.
1. The same enzymes that are responsible for digesting our food will begin to digest the human body itself after death.